Accreditation of Early Learning and Care Services is looking for champions for children!!!
AELCS accredits and promotes excellence in Alberta early learning and child care programs enhancing the quality of services provided to children birth - 12 years of age, families and professionals.
Accreditation of Early Learning and Care Services (AELCS):
- accredited the first 72 child care programs in 2005
- celebrated its 10th year in 2015
- promotes positive learning environments for children; working environments for early childhood educators; and quality child care programs across Alberta
- provides online support to over 1900 child care programs across Alberta
Governing Council members have had opportunities to:
Support the review and alignment of the accreditation standards
- Review policy and its implications to the accreditation process
- Liaise with the child care field and stay current with new initiatives within Alberta
There are some exciting opportunities ahead! This is a great time to consider being a part of the excitement by becoming a member of AELCS Governing Council.
Top Reasons for Becoming a Governing Council Member
- Tremendous networking with like-minded professionals
- Personal leadership development
- Influencing professionalism in the field Early Childhood Development
- Setting the direction and vision of the accreditation agency
- Being a motivator, influencer, and change agent
- Making a difference for children, families and communities
Some Responsibilities of a Governing Council Member
See more Governing Council Roles and Responsibilities
Be a leader!
Make a difference for children and families in the ELCC community